Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Billie

Billie: Will you be my friend?
Meet Billie, a three-year-old French bulldog who consents to share life with me. She's not my first dog, probably not my last. 

Billie looks at all of life as a wonder. Everything's amazing, from her rag toy to the squirrel outside bouncing along the top of the block wall. Among the things that she finds wondrous are human beings, grass, other plants, cats, dogs. In this way, she embraces all of life--anything living, and some not-living things as well. All of these are her friends. 

We hope you follow our story, and weigh in with your own. All things "animal" are welcome.


4 comments:

  1. Mighty fine portrait of Billie. My Golden Barnabas was becoming a little jealous that I was staring at it so long. Great blog topic ... much to say. Thanks for doing this!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie! It's been great to be your friend! I hope to see you again soon!
    Annalise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing more about the great ministry dogs do for folks on the street. I have always been blessed with home and hearth and cannot imagine life without a dog buddy to share the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your blog, Mary. It is so wonderful to see you engaged in a ministry that is authentically you. Looking forward to reading more in the future! (Stacy Walker-Frontjes)

    ReplyDelete