Saturday, August 28, 2010

High praise for A Dog's Purpose

The following comes from Patty Hedges, who gives a glowing report of A Dog's Purpose. Patty is well qualified to write about such things. First she is a dog lover. Second, Patty was instrumental in launching (and now is part of the ministry team for) Canines at Covenant, a Sunday afternoon worship service where people can bring their dogs. If you're on the west side of Los Angeles, check it out. It's at 5 p.m. Sundays, Covenant Presbyterian in Westchester. Here's her review:

I would like to commend to you the best book I have ever read about dogs.  It is a novel called, A Dog's Purpose,  by W. Bruce Cameron.  It is written from the dog's point of view.  Mr. Cameron understands and articulates the mind of a dog better than anyone I have ever come across in my readings... and I am an avid reader!!!   And, as a dog lover, I love anything positive that is written about dogs.  Paws down this is the best dog-related book I have ever read.

Let me give you part of a review from the back cover, from Duncan Strauss, host of Talking Animals  on NPR: "I devoured it in a 'I-resent-anything-that-prevents-me-from-getting-back-to-the-book-why-do-I-have-to-work-my-kid-is-almost-six-can't-he-drive-himself-to-school?' way."

That should pretty much explain it.

Two comments: As a Christian, I do not believe in reincarnation.  Reincarnation is a part of this story.  And parts of it were just a little hard on this soft heart of mine.  Those said, if you can get past those, this is the most wonderful book!!!

--Patty Hedges

No comments:

Post a Comment